Saturday, July 2, 2011

Fight the Man, the Man Creeps In

If you don't think it could happen to you, think again. That's what they say. They aren't so off. It's ridiculous to me that no one can have a soap box on the Internet without The Man creeping in. It's why I try at every turn to make the platform mine. That is, the one I own fully and outright. How bloody convincing are you going to be if you post a vlog about anarchist freedom when the first five seconds of your stream is interrupted by a commercial about voting for a politician? How much of a fitness guru are you preaching that you don't need fancy diets or work outs while the feed has a commercial for an energy drink or "how to get a six pack in six minutes." You aren't a rebel. You aren't a maverick when the host of your video interrupts you with a billion sponsors.

Back in the day it used to bother me when there were other people's advertisements surrounding my blog or video. Now they are inserting themselves in the video and nobody has anything to say about it. This is my site, my videos, my platform and I'll be damned if I'm going to take the easiest way to get the word out. Which is why the word doesn't get out. Because you're over there going to the biggest video site or the most popular blogging site to get your fill.

Every week on The Fabulous D Show I try to put together something a little anti. That's anti-whatever. I'll start by Googling for the opposite of what everyone thinks about something. It's hard to find. They've buried us on this Internet contraption. Try to find the truth about a Founding Father or some real statistics on drunken behavior. Good luck!

If you're any bit of anybody anywhere you'll take the time to figure out your own platform. At least use platforms that do not put content in to your own! That's horrific. A practice that should have never been allowed to become OK. I can't believe you've let these ads appear at the bottom of your vlogs. I really can't believe you have allowed an advertiser five seconds before your fans hear what you have to say. I can't believe you stopped designing your own site with your own message where you can control the ads, all because nobody does that anymore. And I can't believe that with all the free internet radio stations on this planet you've sold yourself to an easy format owned by some other guy.

Listen to The Fabulous D Show every Sunday night at 7 PM EST / 12 AM GMT right here at TheArtistD.com. Where we try to give you the anti-opinion and the opposite view with whatever truth is left that we could find from the underground collective. Every episode downloadable now, right here, direct from me to you without interruption from anybody I don't want you to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Internet's First Super Star

In Bed with Myself "In Bed With Myself" is a tell-all autobiographical self-help adventure. Throughout the story of becoming known as The Internet's First Super Star, D explains his life and the obstacles gone through to get to the top of the underground Internet fame game from the late 90's to early 00's.

With D's quick wit and hilarious story telling ability, "In Bed With Myself" will answer all your questions. How do you survive and strive online? How do you create an Internet celebrity? How does it become your main income? Trans tribulations and top floor adventures in broadcast; The Artist D tells all from birth to rebirth in this exciting adventurous tale.

Click here to return to The Artist D.com !

Followers