Sunday, July 17, 2011

No, I'm Nothing Like You

I found myself this morning on the unfortunate path called Memory Lane. I find it absurd to be reminiscent or take too many trips down that particular lane.  While taking that trip I usually find that the people I was once ridiculed by have turned into everything they once seemed to hate. They ruined their lives by doing nothing with it and are now everything they told me not to be. The hay day of their existence was apparently somewhere between 9th and 12th grade in high school. Where they tortured me for being fat, lazy and lackluster.

Looking back I find them where I left them. In the same town they were born in, fat, lazy and lackluster. They look old. There are lines on their faces and those old looking dents. These people are the same age or even a little younger than me. Meanwhile I am light years behind in the aging department. I've done more in my life than they ever have. I've abused my body with substances to the hilt and yet somehow maintained a less abused look. I wonder if that is because I actually lived my life instead of circled around the black hole of what many call a home town.

Those from before who really bother me today are the ones that are dead. There's still not been such a nagging feeling as knowing someone who is on the same timeline as you has expired. It always bothers me, at least for the first few months around their death. Once I have exceeded their expiration date and am far enough away I start to feel a little better. I even feel better about myself in a survivor mentality.  Even though I know I could get my ticket punched at any time just like they already have. Another one bites the dust and I managed to live longer than they did. Meanwhile I know that feeling is about as valid as winning a Bingo game. It's all random and you had little to nothing to do about it.

In the end I am so happy that I have nothing in common with these people other than the human condition. Remember the ones going on about how all we do is be born, pay taxes and die? Well, I'm pleased that there is a hell of a lot more to my existence than being born, paying taxes and dying.

In the words of Macy Gray, "get up, get out and do something." I may live. I may die. But I got up, got out and continue to do something. And I always make sure the RECORD button is on while I do it too ...


Listen to The Fabulous D Show every Sunday night at 7 PM EST / 12 AM GMT right here atTheArtistD.com. Where we try to give you the anti-opinion and the opposite view with whatever truth is left that we could find from the underground collective. Every episodedownloadable now, right here, direct from me to you without interruption from anybody I don't want you to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Internet's First Super Star

In Bed with Myself "In Bed With Myself" is a tell-all autobiographical self-help adventure. Throughout the story of becoming known as The Internet's First Super Star, D explains his life and the obstacles gone through to get to the top of the underground Internet fame game from the late 90's to early 00's.

With D's quick wit and hilarious story telling ability, "In Bed With Myself" will answer all your questions. How do you survive and strive online? How do you create an Internet celebrity? How does it become your main income? Trans tribulations and top floor adventures in broadcast; The Artist D tells all from birth to rebirth in this exciting adventurous tale.

Click here to return to The Artist D.com !

Followers