Saturday, September 24, 2011

The Season of the Soiree

Autumn is the season of the soiree. All the parties everybody wants to be at start happening just around this time of year and continue throughout December. As the invitations mount up for The Artist D, the Internet's First Superstar, I'm reminded how much I hate parties. Maybe it's just the people who throw them. Since a lot of people throw parties for one simple psychological goal. That being having their ass kissed greatly for throwing a party and proving their fabulosity.

I would like to think I would keep some compunction when it came to massive amounts of people kissing my ass. That is if I was ever in a position to bring ass kissers. I experience this now and we all do when it comes to people trying to get in our pants. We will always be told we're better than we are if someone wants to have sex with us. That or lure nude photos out of you.

The ass kissing gets worse when you "are somebody." I know some people who are ridiculously annoying yet have money and power. People who want money and power will flock to them no matter how they feel about them. The sad part of the story comes when those annoying powerful people actually believe their friends are friends!

You could take anyone who is knowingly filthy rich or in a crazy position of power to use as an example. How does Donald Trump, President Obama or even Madonna trust anybody? How can they attend functions in their honor held by "their friends" and make statements about how happy they are that everybody came? Worse yet they make statements about how much love they feel when any outsider can see 90% of the people there have nefarious intentions.

There are some people I imagine truly attract good people. I think most people who shows up to Bette Midler's house for dinner are their with honorable intentions. Sure, there's always someone out there who wants to use you as a stepping stool. But certain people actually do have friendly redeeming qualities. Not that I know Bette Midler or have ever eaten dinner at her house, but she seems nice enough for this theory.

It's those other people I first mentioned whom I compare to the powerful people I know. They're generally annoying and seem like their base attitude is that of a total prick. There are certain people out there you can't help but think the only reason someone likes them is because they want something from them.

I think if I was rich and powerful I'd just stay home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Internet's First Super Star

In Bed with Myself "In Bed With Myself" is a tell-all autobiographical self-help adventure. Throughout the story of becoming known as The Internet's First Super Star, D explains his life and the obstacles gone through to get to the top of the underground Internet fame game from the late 90's to early 00's.

With D's quick wit and hilarious story telling ability, "In Bed With Myself" will answer all your questions. How do you survive and strive online? How do you create an Internet celebrity? How does it become your main income? Trans tribulations and top floor adventures in broadcast; The Artist D tells all from birth to rebirth in this exciting adventurous tale.

Click here to return to The Artist D.com !

Followers