Saturday, September 10, 2011

Get Up, Get Out & Do Something

One of my biggest annoyances are people with time and potential who do absolutely nothing. I've been here for quite some time. That is here living loudly in the Underground. I'm a very black and white individual. You either do something or you don't do something. It's all rather simple. And you can't tell me you want to do something big only to cling frighteningly to the small.

I've always had to work in a lot of different facets in order to make it possible for everything I want to be possible. I was only rewarded with small pieces of time where I got to sit for months and work strictly on my art projects. Any other time you will find me working full time jobs with over time and coming home to produce paintings, videos or broadcasts for the rest of my waking hours. I suppose what makes me so hostile towards people with time and inspiration is that they have the time for the inspiration. I have the inspiration but very little time. 

Those few times where I secluded myself in my studio and had the luxury of doing nothing but being The Artist D were disappointing whenever I tried to network my ideas outward. Sure, I can stay in my own world and create my own thing for my own benefit. That made me happy. The point that frustrates is we could create so much more if we just worked together. 

Throughout my art career I've found hundreds of people who are artists "stuck" at home in front of a computer. I've tried to get them to work with me to make what they do bigger and reach even more people. They always fall short. I have never found anyone as ambitious as I am, unless they also have no time to indulge their ambitions. 

It reminds me of those good old movies with the real crazy character with stars in his or her eyes. When they've finally made it to the big city and they grab their friend by the shoulders and say, "With my ideas and your connections we could be big ... big ... BIG! We're going to make it!"

The only time I've found people who will have that moment with me are now dead. They were usually too busy but we had big plans. They saw the potential and wanted to work with me to make it possible. They knew that they could do it alone. I know I can do it alone. But think of how much louder that could all be if there were more people involved! 

Now that I'm rubbing shoulders more than ever I am finding an even more frustrating creature. The individual that created something great, maintains it, is successful with it, but doesn't want to do anything more to make it any better. Sweet Jesus you've worked so hard to put out some grand project and you don't want to make it reach even more people? You don't want to continually redesign your platform to make it even more astounding? I don't understand and it aggravates the hell out of me. 

People happy with what they have made and satisfied are strange to me. I'll never be satisfied until I'm done and I don't plan on ever being done. Until forbid, that is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Internet's First Super Star

In Bed with Myself "In Bed With Myself" is a tell-all autobiographical self-help adventure. Throughout the story of becoming known as The Internet's First Super Star, D explains his life and the obstacles gone through to get to the top of the underground Internet fame game from the late 90's to early 00's.

With D's quick wit and hilarious story telling ability, "In Bed With Myself" will answer all your questions. How do you survive and strive online? How do you create an Internet celebrity? How does it become your main income? Trans tribulations and top floor adventures in broadcast; The Artist D tells all from birth to rebirth in this exciting adventurous tale.

Click here to return to The Artist D.com !

Followers