Wednesday, March 2, 2011

It's Perception, Not Aliens

If aliens exist they are probably
Pete Burns and The Artist D.
I am not ruling out the existence of aliens from another planet driving fancy space ships (with probes!), angels, spirits, ghosties, auras or amazing visual experiences unexplained by science; but some people are just idiots. I have a "visual symptom." It started almost over ten years ago. The eye floaters you sometimes see darting around in your field of vision are actually permanent for me. Over time they get darker, stringier and more significant. There are also small dots, almost described as invisible tiny pin pricks. As well as "static," tiny points of light darting around across my entire field of vision.

If you experience such things suddenly it is always a good idea to seek a doctor as your retina may be detaching. However, on other people whom have to put up with this symptom forever it just simply seems to be a fact of life. It doesn't go away. It just gets progressively worse with age and you have to work around it. Causes are unknown. Head trauma, infection and lots of other general possibilities exist.

I spent most of my time with visual static without knowing what to call it or if there were any support groups. Like anyone with something annoying that won't go away, I want to know other people are suffering equally. Recently I discovered the name is blue field entopic phenomenon and plenty of people have to put up with it. It is good to know, because even after a doctor tells you that your eyes are fine you still have to wonder if all this junk floating around isn't "bad."

Doctors call them permanent floaters and either shrug their shoulders at them or propose shooting lasers into your eye for the heck of it. That being said I was stuck with the Internet on this one. The problem is that it took me ten years to Google the right terms to find out anything scientific about what was going on. Every time I would consult the oracle (aka Google) I would have to wade through tons of UFO / GOD message boards about how seeing things immediately means you are having a spiritual experience. One person asks on Yahoo! Answers if anyone else see small points of light dancing around in their vision when they look up at the sky. "Yes," another person answers, "you have the gift. You are seeing another dimension of space where angels exist. I see it too!"

Page after page of perfectly rational descriptions of people with eye floaters and static convinced it's cosmic revelation. When I was a child I used to look up at the sky and if I stared long enough the center of my vision would go a bit purple and pulsate with my heartbeat. The common reaction when staring at something bright for too long. Even then I knew that what I was seeing was in my head and the pulsating was because of blood flow. Even though I would pretend I was seeing another portal into some other dimension. But I was five, not thirty-five, and I didn't go posting on message boards that I could see into Zordon X. (Surely another dimension that exists!)

Sometimes I look up at the sky at night and without really being able to focus in on much I will see three planes coming in to land. The light on each plane form a huge triangle in the sky. I am instantly reminded of those Unsolved Mystery stories in the 90's where people claimed to see huge triangular shaped alien spacecraft in the sky. I bet that's what they were seeing. Three different points of light moving perfectly in sync with each other, in the dark, while their mind filled in the rest that it was one big triangle coming to get them.

Point being, for crying out loud, know what you're seeing and know that your mind is very inventive. We see things. It is our eyes that are seeing and it's only up to our interpretation how to process that. If you don't know floating shadows and static sparkles can exist in your vision then of course you would have to perceive what you are seeing is external. Unfortunately, a lot of the time, it's all in our heads.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Internet's First Super Star

In Bed with Myself "In Bed With Myself" is a tell-all autobiographical self-help adventure. Throughout the story of becoming known as The Internet's First Super Star, D explains his life and the obstacles gone through to get to the top of the underground Internet fame game from the late 90's to early 00's.

With D's quick wit and hilarious story telling ability, "In Bed With Myself" will answer all your questions. How do you survive and strive online? How do you create an Internet celebrity? How does it become your main income? Trans tribulations and top floor adventures in broadcast; The Artist D tells all from birth to rebirth in this exciting adventurous tale.

Click here to return to The Artist D.com !

Followers